Discover some of the best conserved funeral monuments of the New Kingdom on this tour, visiting the burial site of Ramses III and the necropolis of the nobles and artisans.
We'll pick you up from your hotel first thing in the morning, making our way to the west bank of Luxor, where you can find the necropolis of ancient Thebes.
Our first stop will be Medinet Habu, where the burial temple of Ramses III can be found, one of the city's most important religious monuments. Its entrance is 63 metres wide and 22 metres tall, and bears a representation of the pharoah himself punishing some prisoners.
The tour will continue to the Valley of the Nobles, where you can find more than 500 tombs belonging to the members of the Egyptian aristocracy. We'll take a look inside a number of the tombs to admire their decoration: having been less attractive to grave robbers, they tend to be much better preserved then the royal tombs.
Our final stop will be Deir el-Medina, an egyptian town founded by Thutmose I as homes for the workers and areasans of Ancient Egypt. For over 450 years this town was populated by the builders and decorators of the royal tombs, and you can still see archaeological evidence of this, making it one of the most studied towns from the peroid.
The tour then finishes back at your hotel or the boat where you are staying.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 12||Children under 6|
|English Language Tour||
English Language Tour
Children between 6 and 12US$ 35.80
Children under 6Free
* The price increases on the 30 September
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in air conditioned vehicle.
Expert egyptologist guide.
Tickets to all temples visited.
When to book?
You can book up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, imperative to point out when the booking is made.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.