Sherry, horses, flamenco... Discover the cultural heritage of Jerez de la Frontera on this guided walking tour of the streets, squares, palaces and churches that pay testament to the city's rich historic legacy.
Jerez de la Frontera Walking Tour Itinerary
Meet your local English-speaking guide in the heart of the Andalusian city of Jerez de la Frontera; more specifically in Plaza del Arenal, where you'll embark on your two-hour route amongst the vibrant orange trees and sparkling fountains of the city centre.
Not far from Arenal Square, you'll reach the Alcazar of Jerez, a Moorish palace-fortress built by the Almohad Caliphs of Southern Spain as a place of residence, and to host kings and other distinguished guests. After admiring the magnificent Islamic architecture, you'll head down the lively cafe-lined Calle Lancería, arriving at Calle Larga, the main shopping street in Jerez.
You'll stop in front of the famous Gallo Azul (Blue Rooster) building, taking in the view of one of Jerez de la Frontera's architectural symbols. At the end of Calle Larga, you'll find the Alameda Cristina, an elegant avenue which has been an important street in the city since the Middle Ages.
Strolling along the tree-lined Alameda, you'll spot a number of typical Jerez-style stately homes, characterised by their Baroque architecture, including the 18th century Palacio Domecq. The avenue is also home to the Gothic-style Church and Convent of Santo Domingo.
Your tour will come to an end after two hours.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 19 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 11 years old||Children under 5 years old|
Children between 5 and 11 years oldUS$ 7.20
Children under 5 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Local English speaking guide with expert knowledge of art and history.
When to book?
You can book up until 36 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Plaza del Arenal.